For troubleshooting purposes, please attempt connecting the facility adapter directly to a wall outlet, if possible. 3. Connect the power plug into the again of the drive. It’s okay if the drive powers on, then off, or if the lights come on for a short moment. 4. Connect the information cable immediately into the pc (do not use an information cable hub, or join the drive to the USB port on a keyboard). If the drive has multiple port, solely use one.
Do not connect each the USB and FireWire, or Thunderbolt collectively to the pc. 5. Connect the opposite end of the information cable into the external drive. The drive should then energy on (depending on the mannequin it may or may not have a energy swap), if the computer is on, macOS ought to detect and set up the native drivers for the laborious drive.
If the drive is formatted for the pc system, it should present up on the desktop and in finder. After the drive is installed, the person could also be presented with the software program installation display (As seen below). If this occurs observe the directions in Answer ID 8716: How do I install SmartWare from the WD exterior drive VCD?
Please comply with the directions beneath to disconnect the external onerous drive on a Mac laptop system using USB 2.0 , FireWire, orThunderbolt. 1. Please ensure that any files residing on the external onerous drive are closed and no applications are accessing the laborious drive. 2. Drag the icon for the arduous drive to the trash can to safely eject the drive.
The hard drive will spin down and turn off on it is own. 3. The drive can then be safely disconnected from the USB 2.Zero or FireWire, and power cables. 1. Activate the computer and permit the system in addition completely to the desktop. 2. Plug in the ability to the exterior hard drive and let it spin up.
3. Connect the info cable to the drive first and then to the pc. 4. The hard drive should mount as an Icon on the desktop. 1. Simply drag the drive icon to the trash can to safely dismount the laborious drive. 2. You may also press the facility button on the drive, or unplug the power cable from the wall, if you want to show off the exterior hard drive. When you’ve got issues with the drive showing up on your desktop, please see Answer ID 23771: WD external exhausting drive shouldn’t be powering on or just isn’t acknowledged on a Mac system for more data.
- Be sure to hit all relevant keywords
- HOW-TO FOR 64-BIT LINUX MINT
- Install a trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! in your Mac OSX in preparation
- A superb help network that can assist you whilst you develop your property based mostly business
- 105 Smart Inquiries to Ask In An Interview
If issues with disconnecting the drive occur, please see Answer ID 16330: Unable to safely take away (unmount) a WD exterior drive in Windows for extra info. In case your Mac fails to install the drive otherwise you get an error, you may must strive it on one other pc to make sure that the drive is working properly. If the drive doesn’t work on other computer systems and it is new, it’s probable that the drive has been broken, or has failed and must be returned to the place of purchase.
If the drive installs correctly and you aren’t getting an error, but the drive isn’t displaying up in your Mac Desktop, then you could must format the drive. 10336200 for assist formatting the drive. If you still have problems with the drive then you need to Contact Us. The eSATA interface doesn’t help interplay with the WD Drive Manager utility used with the My Book Studio Edition II and My Book Pro II drives. You’ll need to connect the drive through USB 2.0 or FireWire so as to alter the RAID kind of the drive.
1. Turn in your laptop and wait till the Operating System is fully loaded. 2. If you need to put in the backup software program now, double-click the WD Anywhere Backup icon on the set up display and comply with the directions. 3. Turn off your pc. 4. Connect the facility adaptor to the drive and to a wall socket.